By becoming a member, your organisation will be part of a vibrant democratic network of community environmental organisations. You will collaborate with other members, contribute to statewide environmental campaigns, shape organisational policy and access our services and support. Key benefits include campaigning support, greater influence, training and insurance. Read below for more details, or click here to download our Member Group Benefits document.
We are the state’s leading environmental advocacy organisation, and we actively lobby decision makers including Ministers with the Environment, Forestry, Energy and Water portfolios.
We regularly make submissions to and advise the NSW Environment Protection Authority (EPA).
Affiliated groups influence our policies and campaign priorities directly through forums, and the Annual Conference. For example, during the 2023 NSW State Election, NCC held round table discussion meetings with Member Groups and Working Groups to develop our 2023 State Election Platform.
- Members of affiliate groups are eligible for election to the Executive Committee.
Our staff provide advice on effective campaign strategies, including advocacy and lobbying.
Staff and Executive members may be available as guest speakers for your group's events.
Participate in and collaborate on NCC Campaigns.
An example of a NSW wide campaign was the NCC 2023 NSW State Election Campaign, which involved:
- Hosted 8 Environmental Candidate Forums in key electorates, co-hosted by affiliated groups on local issues
- Conducted 12 Election Campaigning 101 trainings across NSW
- Distributed 150,000 leaflets
- Handed out scorecards in 10 key electorates
- Hosted NSW Environment Leaders Forum in Sydney Town Hall
- Recruited 520 volunteers
- Substantially discounted public & product liability and volunteer insurance.
Training & Resources
Our staff provide training workshops to groups.
- Examples of past trainings: Storytelling, Election Campaigning 101, Activist training, Canva training.
- Skills and issue-based training and workshops at our Annual and Regional Conferences.
- Support in organising and collaboration with Member Groups on events, for example our recent series of Candidate Forums for the 2023 NSW State Election (can be viewed on our Youtube Channel here).
NCC facilities, including meeting rooms, may be available for use by Member Groups during weekdays.
Exclusive information from NCC via the Members email group.
The latest news via regular e-bulletins, including our Nature News newsletter.
Promotion of your group on the NCC website.
Promotion of your group’s campaigns and activities via our social media networks.
Promotion of your events and actions (where relevant).
Professional media advice.
- Assistance with media release distribution.
Discount rates and priority access to NCC events.
*Please note that provision of services and support is dependent on capacity constraints and organisational priorities.
To apply, complete this form and return it to us with a copy of your constitution or charter. If you do not have a constitution or charter, you may submit a statement outlining your organisation's aims and objectives. Membership applications are considered at monthly Board meetings. Upon approval of your membership, fees may become payable. For more information, email our team at [email protected] or phone (02) 9516 1488.
Membership renewals are due on July 1 each year. For membership renewals, email our team at [email protected] or phone (02) 9516 1488.