Please help us keep the pressure up on this development proposal.
You can do this by making a submission opposing the Collaroy-Narrabeen Seawall development application (DA), which you can read more about here. All of the submissions made to date can be found under the 'Documents' tab of the council's development application (DA) page here. We want to add your voice to this list.
To make your voice heard and let council know that you oppose this wall, you can still make a submission via email to [email protected].
Making your submission:
Important - You must state in your subject line - 'DA2021/1612 - 1 Clarke Street NARRABEEN NSW 2101'
It doesn't have to be long, concise is fantastic. Though your submission should be personalised (e.g. "As a regular user of Collaroy-Narrabeen beach I believe that..."), a few points common points you might consider making in your submission are:
- vertical concrete seawalls have been proven to be far more damaging to beach processes than alternative coastal armouring methods such as rock revetment walls (ie. sloping walls);
- there will be an adverse impact on overshadowing, visual amenity and safe access along the beach;
- the DA is incomplete in that it does not specify what type of wall proposed for the area in front of South Narrabeen SLSC. Therefore it should be rejected until the full plan is disclosed;
- the proposed vertical seawall is ugly in apprearance and will be a blight on the beachfront;
- there is potential for the seawall to have a detrimental effect on the quality of the surf breaks along the Collaroy /Narrabeen stretch of beach;
- there has been inadequate consultation from Council and the broader community during the development of this seawall proposal.
Making a submission is quick and easy, and is the one of the most effective ways of getting our voices into the council room.