As the peak body for environmental advocacy in NSW we want our state to become ecologically sustainable and a place where people and nature can thrive together.
Our mission is to build, support and maintain a powerful and effective movement for nature.
We do this through impactful programs, campaigns, partnerships, and representation. Our campaigns and programs combine advocacy, education, conservation, and outreach to ensure long-term change for nature and communities.
For more than 65 years we have never faltered in our determination to make a difference. We are a small organisation making a big impact.
Our Organising Call Centre is being newly established as a pilot over March to May 2021. Shifts will generally be 4pm - 8pm, but considerable flexibility may become possible. Successful applicants will work with a team of casuals and should expect to be asked to work between 4 and 8 hours per week.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage with NCC activists and supporters around various conservation issues like koalas, forests, climate and rivers
- Make outbound telephone calls to active and lapsed regular givers to retain, reactivate or upgrade their financial support
- Make outbound calls to convert one off donors to regular givers
- Correctly enter data in CRM (Nation Builder) and make notes when required
- Use online systems for team communication and planning
- Work collaboratively with our campaigns, organising and fundraising teams to ensure targets are met.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience in activism, organising or campaigning either paid or unpaid in the conservation movement or other progressive social movements (e.g. unions)
- Confidence in having persuasive 1:1 conversations by telephone
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and telephone manner
- Passion for and knowledge of environmental issues in NSW
- Previous experience in using a CRM system
- $35.43 per hour plus casual loading and super.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia. We will review applications and interview suitable candidates throughout the advertising period, so we encourage you to apply early.
To apply for this role please provide email your CV and a brief letter telling us why you're the person we're looking for to [email protected]
Applications close 5pm, 31st March.