SCHCADS Award Level 3 - $64,484.55 p.a. plus superannuation pro rata
0.6 FTE, 6 month contract
Level 1, 79 Myrtle St, Chippendale NSW, negotiable
This role supports Nature Conservation Council of NSW (NCC), the state’s peak environment organisation by:
- Supporting community groups to hold events, skill up volunteers, and engage political representatives.
- Mobilising thousands of people to take community action for climate.
- Organising the uptake and distribution of yard signs and stickers across the state.
- Coordinating logistics for yard sign roll out.
The Organising Assistant contributes to building the movement for climate action through:
- Identify and support leaders through the existing supporter and member network to lead on tactics
- Provide leaders with a supply of yard signs to distribute
- Seek opportunities for sign distribution
- Identify key locations for supporters to pick up signs such as a supporters house, café, school or other central location
- Coordinate the packing and delivery of yard signs across the state
- Work with NCC organisers to foster collaboration between NCC member groups, and facilitate and strengthen their issue advocacy and political engagement.
- Build relationships with a variety of organisations from outside the environment movement with which NCC may have shared interests and goals.
- Maintain the NCC CRM and other record management and administrative systems that support our ongoing engagement with stakeholders.
WHO YOU ARE:
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about protecting nature and stopping climate change
- Is motivated to work with others passionate about action on climate change
- Can inspire others to take action
- Has a can-do attitude and is comfortable getting out and about into the community to distribute signs
WE VALUE DIVERSITY
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building on the perspectives, talent, experience, knowledge and skills that diversity brings to our organisation and strongly encourage people of all cultures, genders, abilities, and experiences to apply.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
If you only meet some of these requirements, but you think you’re right for the role and are ready to learn and grow, we’re keen to hear from you. The role can be developed to meet the skills and experience of the right candidate.
Talent & Capabilities
- Highly motivated and collaborative
- Can inspire others to action
- Time and project management skills
- Proven record of coordinating projects and delivering outcomes to a deadline
- Driver's license
Skills & Experience
- Computer literacy
- Understanding of the practice of Community Organising
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups
Extra Points For
- Have access to a car
- Understanding of the environment and conservation movements in NSW
- Understanding of elections and election organising
We value our people and recognise their individual needs. Some of the many benefits of being part of our team are:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Access to long service leave accruals after 5 years
- Salary sacrifice arrangements
- Access to cultural leave
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia. We will review applications and interview suitable candidates throughout the advertising period, so we encourage you to apply early.
To apply, email the following documents to [email protected] by 5pm Wednesday 9th March:
- Your curriculum vitae
- A cover letter addressing all the selection criteria (no more than 2 pages). Please include information that demonstrates how you meet the criteria.
Applications close 5pm, Wednesday 9th March. For more information, please contact:
(02) 9516 1488