We are seeking an Office and Administration Coordinator, who will play a critical role providing the NCC team with administrative support, as well as ensuring high quality and timely administration of NCC’s day to day operations.
Experience a diverse range of duties while working alongside a team who is passionate about protecting nature in NSW.
Nature Conservation Council of NSW and the environment groups we represent have been winning protections for nature in NSW for more than 60 years. We’ve been at the centre of many of the state’s iconic conservation battles and have notched up countless wins for nature and local communities.
Today, we work to clean up the state’s dirty electricity system, end unsustainable tree clearing on farms and in our forests, bring our rivers back to health, and provide leadership on fire policy, education and ecology.
You can find more information about our work as the voice for nature in NSW at www.nature.org.au.
We pride ourselves on a workplace where all staff feel supported to thrive. The key elements of culture that allow for this are:
- We are purpose driven and committed to the NCC Vision
- We are respectful and warm to one another and acknowledge the whole person that comes to work
- Communication is key – we communicate clearly and honestly
- We are accountable to ourselves and each other and do the things we say we are going to do
- We have clarity around roles and expectations
WE VALUE DIVERSITY
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building on the perspectives, talent, experience, knowledge and skills that diversity brings to our organisation and strongly encourage people of all cultures, genders, abilities, and experiences to apply.
The Office and Administration Coordinator contributes NCC's mission through:
Operations & administration (Estimated 40%)
· Office management and coordination
· Volunteer coordination
· Internal communications and staff support
· Board administration and support
· Supporter CRM and database maintenance
· Staff recruitment, onboarding, and exiting
· Operational policy implementation and review
Fundraising (Estimated 20%)
· Assisting with fundraising appeals and events
· Donation processing
Outreach and engagement (Estimated 40%)
· Front-line management of in-bound calls to NCC’s phone line, and supporter email inboxes
· Support for member groups, donors, working groups, allies, politicians and other stakeholders
· Manage recruitment and relationships with NCC representatives and advisory committee members
· Logistics and execution of annual and regional conferences and other stakeholder events
WHO YOU ARE
We are seeking a confident and motivated coordinator with a strong supporter engagement approach, a love of forming positive long-lasting relationships and a capacity to articulate and embody the values, mission and goals of Nature Conservation Council of NSW (NCC).
This is an amazing opportunity for purposeful work that will have a real impact on the nature and wildlife of New South Wales. You will work with our Core team, and across the whole organisation to support our advocacy, on-ground conservation work, fundraising, member groups and supporter engagement programs.
If you only meet some of these requirements, but you think you’re right for the role and are ready to learn and grow, we’re keen to hear from you. The role can be developed to meet the skills and experience of the right candidate.
Please note that previous experience in the environment movement or NGO sector is not a requirement of this role.
Talent & Capabilities
- Experience in an administrative and/or office coordination role, or similar.
- Excellent communication skills including the necessary sensitivity to communicate effectively to a diverse range of stakeholders including staff, volunteers, supporters, donors, members, suppliers, partners.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work effectively both as part of a team and autonomously with a strong work ethic, maturity and reliability in delivery of work.
- Intermediate IT skills, including experience with Microsoft 365 (including administration of SharePoint and Exchange), databases, email lists and basic IT troubleshooting.
- Experience with OR the skills and attributes to effectively lead and engage a team of volunteers.
Extra Points For
- Experience working in a busy environment handling a variety of tasks simultaneously (including demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to complete multiple tasks in an efficient and timely manner).
- Experience with the NationBuilder database program and XERO accounting program.
- Experience in operational policy development and review, and in particular Work Health and Safety processes.
- Experience organising and running successful events.
After-hours work, weekend work and work at various other locations will be required from time to time and will form part of your contractual agreement. Your employment is subject to flexible working conditions (in the form of Flex leave and Time off in lieu) that allow for the flexible management of after-hours and weekend work.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia. We will review applications and interview suitable candidates throughout the advertising period, so we encourage you to apply early.
To apply, email the following documents to [email protected] by COB Friday 26th May
- Your curriculum vitae
- A cover letter addressing all the selection criteria (no more than 2 pages). Please include information that demonstrates how you meet the criteria.
Please apply as soon as possible as we will be reviewing applications and interviewing throughout the recruitment period.
Applications close COB Friday 26th May. For more information, please contact:
(02) 9516 1488