We are seeking two experienced and driven Community Organisers with a talent for developing leaders, designing and delivering training workshops, and inspiring volunteers to take effective action for nature. The skills to be included in these workshops include community organising, campaigning and specific tactics – meeting with MPs, doorknocking, etc.
Anywhere in NSW or our Sydney office
Full time (open for negotiation)
12 Month contract with intention to renew pending funding availability
$77,797 (pro rata if part time) plus Superannuation
Negotiable: salary commensurate with experience
You will work closely with our Organising Team to build and strengthen our network of over 180 member groups across the state, ensuring we are a powerful voice for nature in NSW.
Your key objectives will be developing volunteer leaders across NSW, rolling out a training program to skill up our member group network, and supporting member groups to scale up their events. This will include:
- Designing and delivering training workshops and materials – both online and in person
- Supporting leaders to turn these skills into action
- Developing a program to train and support leaders to run training sessions (train-the-trainer)
- Recruiting attendees for training workshops and volunteer events
You may be required to perform other duties as directed from time to time to suit organisational requirements and which are broadly consistent with your role.
Nature Conservation Council of NSW and the environment groups we represent have been winning protections for nature in NSW for more than 60 years. We’ve been at the centre of many of the state’s iconic conservation battles and have notched up countless wins for nature and local communities.
Today, we work to clean up the state’s dirty electricity system, end unsustainable tree clearing on farms and in our forests, bring our rivers back to health and provide leadership on fire policy, education and ecology.
You can find more information about our work as the voice for nature in NSW at www.nature.org.au.
WE VALUE DIVERSITY
NCC is an equal opportunity employer, we know our capacity to drive change is increased when our team has a diversity of backgrounds and experience. We are committed to building on the perspectives, talent, experience, knowledge and skills that diversity brings to our organisation.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion and strongly encourage people of all cultures, genders, abilities, and experiences to apply.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all the criteria listed below. Please indicate how your skills, talents and experience may be applied to meet the objectives of this role.
Talent & Capabilities
- Strong understanding of the practice of community organising
- Ability to recruit and manage volunteers
- Demonstrated project and event management skills
- Strong communication skills - including experience motivating people to take online and offline action
- Strong alignment with our vision and a drive to achieve outcomes
Skills & Experience
- At least two years’ experience in a campaigning or organising role
- Experience developing and delivering training workshops
Extra Points For
- Experience using NationBuilder or similar CRM software
- Understanding of NSW politics
- Existing relationships in the NSW environment movement
- Experience with community organising during an election
We value our people and recognise their individual needs. Some of the many benefits of being part of our organisation are:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Access to long service leave accruals after five years
- Salary sacrifice arrangements
- Cultural leave
FURTHER INFORMATION & EMPLOYMENT SPECIFICATIONS
- NCC has a turnover of approximately $4 million a year;
- We operate under the federal Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award (SCHCADS) and this position is classified as Level 4 Pay Point 1 under that award;
- After-hours and weekend work will be regularly required, as well as regional travel;
- A remote office allowance will be paid to cover remote operating expenses;
- The preferred start for this position is Monday 24th October
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.
To apply, email the following documents to [email protected] by 9am Monday 10th October:
- Your curriculum vitae
- A cover letter addressing all the selection criteria (no more than 3 pages). Please include information that demonstrates how you meet the criteria.
Please note we will be reviewing applications and may interview suitable applicants throughout the advertising period. We encourage you to apply early.
For more information, contact:
(02) 9516 1488