We welcome applications for membership from community organisations with a commitment to nature conservation and environmental protection. Download an application form.
By becoming a member, your organisation will become part of vibrant democratic network of community environmental organisations. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with other members, contribute to statewide environmental campaigns, shape organisational policy and access our services and support. Key benefits include:
- Substantially discounted public liability, product and volunteer insurance.
Note: Applications from current Member Groups for insurance can take up to a month to process. If you are not yet a Member, it may take up to two months.
- We are a respected environmental advocate, advising government on a range of policy issues.
- Affiliated groups can influence our policies and campaign priorities through the annual conference.
- Members of affiliate groups are eligible for election to the Executive committee.
- Our staff can provide advice on effective campaign strategies, including advocacy and lobbying.
- Staff and Executive members may be available as guest speakers for your group's events.
- Our staff can provide training workshops tailored to your group's needs.
- Skills and issue-based training and workshops at our annual and regional conferences.
- NCC facilities, including meeting rooms, equipment and computers may be available for use by member groups.
- Exclusive information from NCC via the members email group.
- The latest news via regular e-bulletins, including our Nature News newsletter.
- Promotion of your group on the NCC website.
- Promotion of your group’s campaigns and activities via our social media networks.
- Professional media advice.
- Assistance with media release distribution.
- Media training.
- Discount rates and priority access to NCC events.
Please note that provision of services and support is dependent on capacity constraints and organisational priorities.
To apply, complete this form and return it to us with a copy of your constitution or charter. If you do not have a constitution or charter, you may submit a statement outlining your organisation's aims and objectives. Membership applications are considered at monthly Executive meetings. On approval of your membership, annual fees become payable. Annual fees will be waived for your first year of membership (up until July 2015). For more information, email our Outreach Co-ordinator at email@example.com or phone (02) 9516 1488.
Membership renewals are due on July 1 each year. For membership renewals, email our Outreach Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 9516 1488.