The 2015 Regional Environment Conference, jointly hosted with the Bellingen Environment Centre, will be held at the Bellingen Showground on Saturday and Sunday, May 16 and 17. The conference will include a full day program on the Saturday, a conference dinner on the Saturday night and two optional field trips and a lunch on the Sunday. Full details are outlined in an information package, which will soon be available to download here.
The aims of the regional conference are to:
- Provide an opportunity for networking between NCC members, executive, staff, representatives and local conservationists;
- Provide an opportunity for information sharing, skills development and collaborative planning on key policy and campaign issues; and
- Strengthen working relationships between existing NCC members and to provide an opportunity for potential members to learn more about our work.
Tickets are now available to purchase through Eventbrite. Please click here to purchase tickets. Registration will close on Tuesday 12th May. Please register well in advance to assist us with organising catering and field trip arrangements.
The conference program is now available to download here. Please note there might be some minor changes to this agenda between now and the conference.
Conference Dinner - Saturday 16th May
An informal dinner will be held at The Little Red Kitchen, 111 Hyde St Bellingen at 6.30pm on Saturday 16th. Bookings must be made and paid for through the online ticket system in advance. The cost is $20 per head for a shared menu of pizzas, salads, breads and olives. Drinks can be ordered separately and the restaurant also permits BYO. Vegetarians, vegans and other dietary requirements will be catered for.
Sunday Field Trip Information
Two different field trips will be held on the morning of Sunday 17th May. Please indicate your preference when you register online:
1. Canoeing on the Bellinger River – 8am start (leader: Leif Lemke). Cost $30. *Numbers must be confirmed in advance - please indicate your preference through the online booking system and download and read this important information sheet before coming on the trip.
2. Inspection of clear felled plantation and a walk in compartment 26/27, which is part of the Great Koala Park (leaders: John Pile, Mark Graham).
Additional Trip - Monday 18th May
There will be an additional tour on Monday 18th May, led by the Nambucca Valley Conservation Association (NVCA), of the areas proposed for steep land cable logging in the public native forests west of Bowraville (40 mins from Bellingen). We hope some people will be able to take the opportunity to come along. Click here to download the invitation with details.
Minutes will be available to download here after the event.
Please organize your own accommodation for the conference. Below are some suggestions:
Bed & Breakfast
Casabelle Country Guest House, P: (02) 6655 9311
Casey’s Lane Luxury Retreat, P: (02) 6655 0060 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bellingen River Family Cabins, P: (02)6655 0499
A full information package will soon be available for download here. In the meantime, please contact Outreach Coordinator Louise Kiddell, (02) 9516 1488, email@example.com.