Volunteer Website and Social Media Assistant
The Nature Conservation Council of NSW is seeking a volunteer (or a number of volunteers) who would like to put their website design and social media skills to good use. There are a number of projects that we are hoping to progress over the coming months. These include:
Progressing and supporting WordPress website/s.
Are you someone who is familiar and can readily work your way around WordPress? We have some existing sites that need support. We are looking for someone to transfer content from an established WordPress site onto a new site and add new content to both our sites. An example of one of these sites is located at: http://fireandrestoration.org.au/
Developing an active Facebook presence for the Coastal Emu Alliance.
This Alliance is a group of stakeholders, landholders, government agencies and community groups that have come together to share knowledge, prioritise actions and start to implement key activities to recover the coastal emu population - an endangered population on the NSW north coast.
We have all the imagery and associated short stories ready to go, but are looking for someone to upload content and ensure the Facebook page looks appealing and engaging. We see Facebook as an important way to not only increase community support regionally on the NSW north coast but to also build a broader awareness about the emu across the NSW coastline.
Applicants must have a legal right to volunteer in Australia:
1. Familiarity with web design and posting tools including:
- Integration of WordPress with social media
- Basics of BuddyPress and BBPress
- Some basic html (desirable)
2. Ability to post and share content on Facebook and other social media platforms to build community interest in environmental projects
3. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
4. Excellent attention to detail
5. Desire to work as part of a team to achieve collective goals for the organisation
- Writing skills and ability to produce effective content
- Basic graphic design and/or photo editing skills
- Interest in environmental projects
BENEFITS TO THE VOLUNTEER
- Learn from and be a part of a grass roots community focused organisation
- Enhance your understanding of different website development platforms and learn how to use social media to engage communities
- Work alongside generous and passionate staff and supporters
- Contribute to NCC’s program activities and outcomes
- Be part of a great team environment with opportunity for fun social interaction with like minded individuals both inside and outside of office hours
7.6 hours p/w (1 day per week)
How to apply:
To apply, please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in detail OR an email detailing why you are interested in the position and how your skills make you the right candidate
- your curriculum vitae OR details of your work experience and the skills that you feel would add valuable to this position
For more information:
Contact: Healthy Ecosystems Program Director – Waminda Parker
Phone: (02) 9516 1488